Resolutions for 2016
I’ve never been great with New Year’s Resolutions – the usual ones, like eating healthier, or stop biting my nails, always seem to fall by the wayside. So why should 2016 be any different? Well, for quite a few reasons actually…
- As 2015 ended up being such a good year, it would be an absolute travesty to waste all that positive energy and momentum.
- My word for 2016 is ‘challenge’, and actually sticking to my Resolutions will actually be the first way to test myself.
- All the Resolutions are things which I know will ultimately be good for me.
And as for the Resolutions themselves:
- Keep the words flowing: With NaPoWriMo, NaNoWriMo, Swanwick Writers’ School and plenty of prompt books, my ideas pot should keep itself nicely topped up. And I’ll be doing my best to get those notebooks filled.
- Cook more: I’ve accidentally fallen into the trap of heating up, rather than actually cooking, so this is going to be a tough one, but one I’m determined to succeed with this time around.
- Visit the coast more: For anyone who knows where I live (Whitley Bay), this might seem an odd one, but despite having the glorious Tynemouth Long Sands about five minutes walk away, I’ve practically stopped getting along there. So that has to change. And although it won’t entirely help with Resolution 2, there is always ice-cream at the beach…
I think three is probably a good start; fingers crossed I’ll be able to report good progress!